When I was a kid my favorite ice cream was Rocky Road. I liked the chocolately marshmallowy crunchy combo, so naturally I fell in love with the classic s’mores. Whenever we went camping the campfire s’mores was my favorite part!
Now you don’t need a campfire, or to even go camping, to enjoy the beloved childhood fav. Since then I’ve tried a lot of different spins on the classic and this no-bake s’mores protein ball recipe doesn’t disappoint!
This recipe offers the best of both worlds- it satisfies your sweet tooth without sabotaging your healthy eating plan and I feel good about giving them to my kids. We eat them as snacks or a dessert and they’re AH-MAZING! You might have to make a couple batches at once because they don’t last long, at least not around here. You’ve been warned…
TIP: WET THE MEASURING CUP WITH WATER BEFORE USING THE PEANUT BUTTER AND THE HONEY; THIS CAUSES THE EXCESS TO SLIDE RIGHT OFF THE CUP!
INGREDIENTS - Makes about 18 protein bombs
- In a bowl, mix together peanut butter and honey.
- Add in the protein powder, puffed rice, and marshmallows, and mix together with your hands. Yes, it gets a little messy so just have fun with it!
- Take a small amount of mixture and press into balls, place on silpat or parchment paper.
- Place a toothpick in the center of each ball (optional) for easier dipping.
- To melt chocolate, combine chocolate chips and oil (to thin out the chocolate) and melt in a small bowl in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds.
- Using a toothpick inserted into each ball, dip each ball in the chocolate until covered (but not totally dripping).
- Once the ball is spread with chocolate, roll in the graham crumbs.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, if you have any!